Group meetings by Aoife
March 17
We had several meetings in our group to discuss the pre-production
for the film, our first meeting was to discuss the actual idea for the film
this was a brief meeting as I had already come up with the film idea a long
time ago when miss.shutzer was my teacher, I discussed my film idea to Melissa
and Micah and they both agreed it was a good idea, I worked on the idea and
added little bits to improve it.
March 19
Our next meeting was with Mr Simmonds after we showed him the
PowerPoint of our film he gave us feedback and discussed the film with me he
gave positive feedback and gave us a few points to think about that I took away
and worked on such as location and ideas.
April 13th
The next meeting was as a group with Mr. Barton on hes first
lesson with us,this is where we told him the idea for the film and what we was
planning on doing, he gave us feedback and helped us to expand and make our
film better with a more realistic believable story line, I took hes ideas and
feedback from the class and changed the storyline from her hallucinating to
there being another self.
April16
We then had to begin all the pre-production before we could
film, sir designated certain roles to people in the group to complete. My role was
to create the shot list,script,production roles and recee I completed these
tasks to fit the film and the group although these were my roles I refered back
to my group to make sure they agreed with what I was saying which they all did.
For the script I thought about the set up and location and the order of the
shots to ensure it all made sence and would be do able when it came to filming,
the shot list also had to have thought as this is also an important document
that needs to be used when filming to give it order. For the recee I had to
visit my filming locations which was the toilets and counselling room I had to
make sure they were suitable locations for filming, If I hadn’t visited these
locations beforehand I could of come unstuck when filming as the locations could
have been to noisy or even not possible to film in, I needed to get permission from
Mr. Kelly to film in the counselling room and this room could have been used at
a time when I had planned to filmed.
April 6th
Melissa began her pre-production roles which included the
call sheet, shooting schedule and storyboard, she referred back to me while
doing these as we decided I would be the director and in charge of the filming
so it was key she knew what she was writing. Melissa wrote out everything from
our original filming location although this was changed nearer to the time of
filming. The storyboard consisted of 17 pictures of possible locations for
filming including pictures of our actual locations the toilets and the
councelling rooms from doing this it gave me a good idea of what angles could
be used during the filming for example a birdseye shot over the toilet door.
April 9th
Micahs pre-production work consisted of the risk assessment,
although she wrote about lots of risks some of them were irrelevant to our film
for example cars we didn’t have to deal with the hazard of cars as we filmed no
were near the road, she wrote about how filming in a bathroom could come with
risks such as electric damage and how she could prevent this happening by being
cautious and keeping the camera away from running water. She also wrote about
how if we filmed in a classroom we wouldn’t want it to look like a classroom as
this is irrelevant to our film, she said we could move the chairs out of the
way as this could be a hazard of tripping over and also would look more professional
out of the frame. Micah’s other production role was to write about out backup
actor if she was unable to film she wrote how Chillapi would be a good actor in
our film and why.
May5th
Before I went on to film I had to make sure everyone knew
what day we was filming on and what time we had problems at this point because
the team members couldn’t fully ensure they would be able to film at that specific
time, at this point I knew there wouldn’t be enough time to film In the
original location being the bedroom I had to make the decision to go back on my
pre production work and change the location on the script to the college as I
knew this would be easier for me and my team members to film in time, im glad I made this decision as I feel if I hadn’t
the film would of failed instead of how it turned out to be.
May8th
On the day of filming the Friday I suggested before my team
showed up I made sure a camera would be available to film with and I printed
out my script to give to the team so they knew the shot order and how the day
was going to run although I thought the backup actor was going to have to be
used Micah pulled through and allowed us to create what I believe a successful short
film in which she very professionally acted
in while I filmed and Melissa gave some direction as well as acting as the
councellor.
May12th
After four hours of filming different shots we had gathered
our rushes ready to be edited individually we looked through the rushes as a
group to make sure we had the right shots and didn’t have to re film or add any
other scenes into the film which we didn’t, we all agreed we was ready to edit
the film individually.
We had many short meetings as a group some good some bad throughout
the pre production work the production work and the post production work, the
film ran smoothly without technical issues .we all pulled through to reach
deadlines and create the short film in time and to what I believe to be a good
standard.
No comments:
Post a Comment